- Continued from 7/20/09. This is the final post in the Applying Social Technologies series.
Gigya Socialize is a social API aggregator built to address the challenges of integrating social APIs. Gigya Socialize makes it easy for publishers and brands to increase traffic, registrations and engagement. Specific benefits include:
- Single API integration: Publisher sites who integrate the single Gigya Socialize API have access to the available social and identity APIs from Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Yahoo, Gmail and AOL. Right now, IT departments are spending valuable time learning about OpenID, installing and configuring open source libraries, customizing integrations with existing infrastructure and maintaining the latest features and capabilities of available APIs. Gigya Socialize removes these barriers so publishers and brands that want to take advantage of social technologies can do so without having to develop new technical expertise upfront.
- Management of API updates: API updates released by social networks and identity providers are managed by dedicated Gigya engineers, enabling sites to implement more functionality without requiring ongoing technical support or resources.
- Integration of new APIs: As social APIs open up, Gigya engineers will add them to the Gigya Socialize API allowing publisher and brand sites to access the functionality of these APIs without having to integrate them separately.
- Off-the-shelf integration components: To help publisher sites quickly take advantage of the existing social APIs, Gigya Socialize has three off-the-shelf components. These components include: the Login component, which allows users to login to a publisher site using their social network credentials; the Friend Selector, which allows users to invite their friends to join them on the site; and the Live Event component, which allows users to update their status and engage other users in real time.
- Plug-ins to portals, blogs and directory sites: Gigya offers Drupal and WordPress plug-ins to make it easier for sites built on these platforms to authenticate users via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and other Open Id providers and increase site traffic by posting user status updates to the newsfeeds of users’ social networks.
- Full-service and onsite support: Gigya provides full-service support to publishers who have unique issues or questions about how to integrate the product. Additionally, Gigya offers a fee-based enterprise support program that can provide onsite resources for organizations that want a Gigya engineer for dedicated integration or other support.